Friday 11 January 2008

Doraemon - a new section in my blog

After some thoughts, I've decided to start a new section in my blog called "Doraemon". It will have the corresponding label name. You can get to it by clicking on the corresponding label on the right.

The name came from a Japanese comic book I loved to read since I was a kid. Doraemon is the name of a robot from the 22nd century that came back through time to live and help with an elementary school boy named Nobita. Nobita is what some call a "loser". He gets bullied around, has crappy marks, lazy, and even a little perverted. Since his life is chaotic, Doraemon was sent from the future to help this poor guy out. He has all the fun and magical gadgets from the 22nd century to help Nobita out in times of need. You wouldn't believe some of the tools that he whips out. You can think of Doraemon as the eastern version of Star Trek.

So what is this section about? Well, I find that I go through many situations thinking "well, wouldn't it be nice if we had a tool to help me out?" What about a magic oven that cooks your favourite food and optimizes it by looking at what you have in your frige? What about a helmet that transfers knowledge from one person to another? This section will contain my dreams about the future technology, and I'd love to hear your thoughts as well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.